The face of Burnside Country Fire Service volunteer has changed over the years. From early beginnings as the Burnside Hills Fire Fighting Fund, support from our local communities has always been strong. Our members are made up of students, trades people, accountants, local business owners, Government employees and other emergency services staff (Metropolitan Fire Servicel and SA Police personnel).
If you are interested in joining the Burnside CFS, there are a number of pre-requisites that must be met before an application can be processed:
- You live within 3 km of the station;
- There is a vacant position within the Brigade – Burnside CFS manages a ceiling of 35 members at any one time;
- You are physically fit and healthy;
- You are able to respond to the station to attend incidents; and
- You are over 16 years of age.
Also, if you are willing to donate time to the Burnside CFS, but would like to remain non operational, you may be able to join as a non operational member.
If you are interested in joining our ‘friends’ group, and volunteering your time and skills to the Burnside CFS, please contact us via the contact page.